Army Land Rover Blue Lights

Hi, I've seen a number of old army land rovers at shows, like at beltring, etc with blue lights on, i would like to fit one to my old military land rover, but whats the position? it would be a "dummy" blue light, in so much as it wouldn't be wired into the vehicles electics, and therefore not able to flash, would i have to keep taking it off or cover it up when driving on the road? or is it ok as long as its on a classic and not working or capable of working? its authentic to my vehicle, as it had one when it was in service

Thanks

Reply to
brett

It has to be removed or covered when on the road.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

'Film' cars, like the police cars they use on The Bill etc, travel to and from location with their blue lights and police insignia covered up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you can register it as a fire engine (friend had a K9 so registered) then you can have legal blues. You'll need a water pump, recovery equipment or similar to qualify, but if you buy something like an ex-RAF stretch Rangie then it's entirely possible.

I thought triangular hooked crosses were more the thing at Beltring these days ? Distinctly dodgy looking crowd last time I went 8-(

Reply to
Andy Dingley