Need help and advice concerning my dad's TR3A?

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to be asking for help but I couldn't find any other google group concerning anything remotely related to british classic cars in north america. I need to appraise my dad's 1958 TR3A (left hand drive from england) and am trying to factor in rechroming costs (for front and back bumper and luggage rack thing on top of the trunk) and also the cost of redoing the interior (minus the carpets and front seats which look alright). My dad loved the car and it's a shame to see it go but my mom and I can't drive it and don't know how to care for it so I feel it would be best for it to go to a real enthusiast who will enjoy it as much as my dad did. Anyways thanks in advance for your help. Jon

Reply to
Powderkeg

Sounds like you're looking for a valuation. A UK group isn't much use for that - unless you're including free shipping. ;-) I'd Google on TR and Triumph - there must be a car club for these in the US which should be able to help. And I'd guess a more suitable newsgroup out of the thousands.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Try here...

They should be able to help...

SteveL

Reply to
pakeha

Try

they might buy it off you or know a buyer over here who wants it, as most UK restoration projects have almost rusted away to nothing!

Zimmy

Better still, check into the TR Club of the UK and get an ad in there

There will someone wanting to give his rear teeth for a good, rust-free project.

HTH

J.

Reply to
J.