Re: New member - Imp enthusiast.

> No abuse from me! I've owned an Imp, and still own a Clan Crusader > (although that is undergoing a very lengthy restoration) so I know that > Imps are lovely little cars.

So are Trabants....!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

In message , ":::Jerry::::" writes

Not Trabants, but on a quirky German theme, an NSU 1200TT is a neat take on a bigger Imp.

Reply to
Chris Morriss

At least the Imp had the engine in the right place! Shame it was still water cooled though.. hehe

nah, I love Imps, but then again I love Minis :-)

I'd love to get a 1968-69 Sunbeam Imp Sport

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Morriss saying something like:

I liked the engine in those... very nice little lump

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Is that the one with the Wankel engine? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

snip > But OTOH I am a lover of Minis, especially the rarer derivatives such as > Elfs, Clubbys; I want a 1275GT next! snip

I owned and competed with both marques -- Imp handling was much superior and more enjoyable than the Mini. The Mini however would flatter the below average driver into looking better than his actual abilities, where as the Imp allowed the top 10% of drivers to really shine.

Having owned a brace of 1275Gts I can say the only good thing about the

1275GT was the brakes were terrific on the later Denovo & 12" wheel models, otherwise it was the most lack lustre of all Minis, even a standard 998 Clubman was better.
Reply to
AR Gonot

:::Jerry:::: ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Having had a wImp for a short while, and having had plenty of goes in a mates Trab, I know which I prefer, and it doesn't drink Irn Bru...

Reply to
Adrian

No, single ohc hemi-head aircooled transverse 4-cylinder, twin carbs 78hp on the 1200TT.

Reply to
Stan Barr

In message , Mike G writes

No, an all-alloy, air-cooled transverse OHC unit.

Reply to
Chris Morriss

No abuse from me either. I was very happy with my Imp, and even happier with the Sunbeam Stiletto I replaced it with. Unfortunately, a learner driver used it as an auxiliary brake :-(

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren