Split circuit master cylinder

Anyone know of a non-servo tandem split circuit master cylinder?

I'm trying to fit a diagonal split circuit system to a Daimler 250 V8. It came with a single circuit system that used a remote servo and a non-servo

7/8" master cylinder.

Normally one would have to fit two servos to do this, however I've found a double acting servo to replace the old single one but I can't find a non- servo tandem master cylinder that has the same size bores on both circuits. Older VWs have a tandem one but the split was front/rear (bet that was fun when it failed!).

So what modern (ish) car has a split circuit without a servo? I'm guessing something small but even a Smart has a servo!

Any ideas?

Note - there is no room for a combined servo/master cylinder unit nor for twin, (side by side) master cylinders.

TIA Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

mark smith

They have a range of different ones. Primarily for classic Fords but you might find something there as they have a lot of motorsport ones.

Reply to
Conor

Thanks - exactly what I was after.

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

Those which are normally mounted on a direct acting servo could still be used without it - as the the pedal has a direct connection to the cylinder in case the servo fails. You'd need to fabricate a mounting bracket, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I had a look at a couple - the main problem apart from the larger flange is that it expects the activating rod is to work on a fixed axis, whereas a non-servo one expects the rod to move through the pedal fulcrum angle. So the servo one has no 'cup' to prevent the rod falling out when the pedal returns faster than the piston. One could make up something I guess. I'm going to try the Fiesta one. It has a 3/4" piston and I would prefer a

7/8" (original size) or larger. So I might have too much pedal movement. But again it would be easier to move the pedal fulcrum if necessary.

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s