Dual (circuit) Master Cylinder Part Number....

OK... after ordering 2 of the Master Cylinders noted as "bolt on... need nothing...work great!"... on Bob Johnstone's Avanti and Studebaker interchange list...

Does anyone have a VALID part number for installing a Dual-circuit master cylinder on a 1964 Lark with Power Disk Brakes?

I have ordered:

Bendix #11323- the hole in the piston was too small for the booster's operating rod NAPA #36307- The piston in this master cylinder was not "deep" enough to accomidate the rod

Ray

Reply to
Studeman

I used a kit from "T-bolt", that came with my car, when I bought it. The master is a "Safe-Line" M 64874. It was made for a '67 to '71 Avanti II, or a '67 Dodge Monaco, with front disc brakes. It's drilled for the brake light switch. The lines come out the driver's side. There is a residual pressure valve in the front port, for the rear brakes. I had to shorten the Stude operating rod, to get slight free play when the brakes are released. I removed the rod from the car, unscrewed the two sections, and cut off a couple of threads. You must have free play, for the brakes to release. You want very little. My lines, (Avanti), were 20" to the front spider; and 60" to the existing union in the rear line. Adaptors for the lines at the master cylinder, and a special plug for the old rear port on the spider, came with the kit; try "Advance Auto". Mike M.

Reply to
Mike

These numbers can be found MC - 63-64 Avanti (Replacement, dual circuit - mid 70's Chrysler. NAPA #

36307. Look in Turning Wheels, April 2001 (Jim Turner , Jan 2003) ... and .. MC - 63-64 Avanti (4 bolt -Replacement dual circuit _ - Bendix #11323 master cylinder fitting 1967-1970 Mopar A/B/C Bodied with DRUM brakes...with or without power brakes.

They both state ... Avanti ...

Where did you get the reference to 64 Larks?

Reply to
SilverStude

They are (supposed to be) identicle..... Same (factory) part numbers for booster (1557903) and master cylinder (1557910) .... as far as I can tell- the Booster on this Cruiser(Y9) is the factory-type unit.

Ray

Reply to
Studeman

I just started on a 64 convertable and picked up a couple Bendix 11323 off Ebay as they look exactly like what is currently on the car and the cross reference said they fit. I will be interested to see if someone changed the piston or linkage. This car was sitting for 20 years and the previous owner owned it since the early seventies. The casting numbers are the same.

Thanks

Reply to
UncleMiltie