Split in seat leather

I've got a split on one of the panels on the SD1 driver's seat which is grey leather. Chances of finding a decent secondhand one are rare. What are the options on either replacing the panel or could it be glued back together with perhaps a reinforcement patch underneath? The seats have been fed fairly regularly with hide food, and aren't actually worn much.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Halfords do a leather repair kit that consists of a patch that you iron on, leave to set and then dye with the appropriate colour.

I've got one in the garage, but I never got round to using it as my 33 blew up before I got round to tidying the interior.

Reply to
SteveH

And as it's an SD1, I think you'll find the Halfords kit is worth considerably more than the car.

Reply to
Catherine Sholly

[Snivel]
Reply to
Dave Plowman

I'd get some new bait if I were you... that stuff must have gone off weeks ago.

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH was seen penning the following ode to ... whatever:

Roundabout the same time when responding to trolls went out of fashion?

Reply to
Timo Geusch