Changing the drivers seat in a Fiesta

Having just downsized from a petrol Focus to a diesel Fiesta for economy reasons, I'm finding the driver's seat very uncomfortable. Years of sitting hunched over a desk have given me back problems and the Fiesta seat isn't anything like as comfortable as the Focus one was.

I've got a seat wedge which is helping, but I was wondering if anyone has tried fitting a Focus seat in an 05 fiesta? Looking at the seat frame in the fiesta it looks fairly easy to unbolt the seat from the frame, but I'd imagine some bodging would be required to get a Focus seat fitted to a Fiesta frame. I wouldn't want to ruin the Fiesta frame so I can refit the Fiesta seat when I sell it.

Is there any kind of standard for seat frames where seats are interchangeable between frames? I haven't been able to find out anything on the internet.

Getting a decent Recaro seat is out of the question because of the =A31000 ish cost, and I'm not sure that the seat from a Zetec S fiesta would be any better.

All suggestions and ideas welcomed!

Chris

Reply to
chrisb46

The message from snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com contains these words:

No. Though you may be lucky and find some that are interchangeable.

Then there's "sports" seats for the aftermarket "Kroozin!" bunch.

Reply to
Guy King