Two more questions for those who know vintage cars!

Geoff Mackenzie ( snipped-for-privacy@acsysindia.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nah, it's just that BMW have nicked that market for themselves.

Reply to
Adrian

Don't quite agree - I think the upmarket move started with the XJ6. And Mr Egan helped. But I do agree that Ford taught them an awful lot about production engineering.

I'm no paricular fan of Ford, neither good nor bad, but I do admire the way they have let Jaguar and Aston design some wonderful cars and then showed them how to build them properly. At least they didn't just take over the names, as they did with Ghia.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Rising to the bait - I'm a wartime model, complete with Utility Mark on my bum. We live on.....

Just making my cocoa and going to bed to fantasize over Vera Lynn.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie
"

In the seventies or eighties it was rumoured that BMW stood for Baader Meinhof Wagens (sp?). Good image or what?

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

The day Ford build a car properly will probably be the day cars are banned world wide !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

She did, of course, have her own TV series sometime as recently as the '70s ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)