UNF Fasteners

Gentlemen,

I've just spent the morning removing the front brake cylinders of my 1969 Bedford CA Camper to replace with new units ready for an MOT, unfortunately some of the 1/4 UNF bolts have been necked and one sheared when I was fitting a new cylinder. Does anybody know of suppliers in the Bedford area who would stock 1/4 UNF x

9/16 long Hex Head set screws.

Thanks,

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

"campingstoveman" realised it was Sat,

16 Dec 2006 13:18:12 -0000 and decided it was time to write:

Namrick do mail order:

They don't seem to do them in lengths of 9/16", but that is easily sorted on a lathe or even with a saw and some judicious filing.

Reply to
Yippee

You could try something like an agricultural engineers. Over here in St Neots (not too far from you) we have Ibbetts in Great Paxton (Mon - Fri and Sat AM only). Very good for things like grease nipples etc ...

Reply to
Mark W

Even nearer to me as I live in between Bedford and St Neots,

Thanks,

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Thanks,

Interesting site.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Try Alfast Engineering, in Luton. I use them quite often for UNF/UNC stuff, they usually have it

Reply to
Alex

Forgot to add details!

Alfast Engineering Supplies

2 Gloucster Rd, Luton LU13HX

01582 418498

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Thanks for that...I was looking for some 3/8 UNF stainless or brass and they have just what I want!

(Nothing to do with cars, classic or otherwise...)

Reply to
Stan Barr

Set screws purchased today. Thanks all,

campingstoveman