What's the least I might pay for a TR7 coupe?

In decent as opposed to shit order?

Reply to
John Redman
£5? "John Redman" wrote in message news:deamtn$jj8$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
Reply to
Mick

There is no set minimum. A wronged wife might sell her cheating husband's concours model to you for 50p to get her own back. It is not very likely though!

But in general, if somebody wants to shift a reasonable car quickly (emigrating at the end of the month, say) then the price might be well below what it would be normally. Guide prices in magazines are often thought to be optimistic in some parts of the country. Knock 10%-15% off and see what you can find.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Good ones are hard to find because of the crap values in price guides; even a concours one will hardly cover the cost of the decent paint job it must have to be concours! So fewer are being restored and more broken up. One of last months mags a good buyer's guide article, forgot the title, Classic and Sportscar?

A complete one without MOT has got to be worth around £250 for the spares alone so my guess is around £750 if you don't want work.

Pete W

Reply to
Pete W

Well Pete, I tried to sell my 1981 convertible a couple of months ago for £1800 squidlydid and got no replies!

I think it's in quite good nick, even without a V8!

ken

1981 TR7 DHC 1974 Stag
Reply to
Ken Forrest

It must be disappointing to get no replies at all, and dropheads are supposed to be more desirable. Unfortunately though, reasonable MR2's etc are only just a little more than that. As that buyer's guide was recent, it may be a good time to try again.

Pete

Reply to
Pete W

Oooh, it didn't sell? Getting close to time for my Beetle to go back, which means my Sera (black one now - keep an eye out for it!) goes onto regular insurance and I'll have space on a classic policy.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK