Wheels for Reliant Scimitar SE4 Coupe

Hi
I have recently re-brought a 1967 Reliant Scimitar SE4 Coupe (V6 3 litre engine) which I used to own in the late 1970's. Originally the
car would have had Pressed-steel disc, 4-stud fixing, 5.5in wide rim wheels, with tyres size 165-15in.
It now has some more modern looking wheels which I would like to replace. Does anyone know what other cars of that time had the same wheels? I was wondering about the early Scimitar GTE models, but haven't yet been able to find out what size they are.
Any advice will be gratefully received. TB
something like:

Standard GTE wheels are certainly 14". The hubs are Triumph, if that helps, so you could look at Triumph 2000, etc.

Dave
SE6a

<snip>
Not the Mk2 2000 - the original steel wheels are 175x13. I think the MkI was the same, but haven't checked. Unless you made a typo, the Scimitar should have 15in wheels?
Jim

Mk1 Triumph 2000 (and 2.5PI) had 13" wheels throughout production. There were later variants of the Mk2 fitted with 14" alloys but I couldn't tell you the specifics. Cheers, Bill.
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Bill Davies"

Aha. That's probably the one I'm thinking of. I was fairly sure one of them at least had 14 inchers.
--

Dave
SE6a

I think the 14" alloys started to be used when owners wanted to fit /70 tyres, in order to maintain roughly the same tread diameter. My 2000 Mk2 is fitted with the original factory fitted "optional extra" alloys, and they are Cobras with 13" rims.
Jim

I've got a spare set of 4 14 inch alloys off a triumph 2500 estate, they were used with some quite special alloy wheel nuts, which I have most of but not a complete set (the nuts that is). They may fit, I don't know, they have 165 - 14s on.
mrcheerful

Whats the PCD? If it's 4x41/2in I have some old saab 99 15" minilite and cosmic wheels that might fit.
Hi i have some original pressed steels for a coupe and the trims if yo
are interested.
Pet
-- coupe
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember coupe

Try here...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com
--

Dave
SE6a

I think grimly curmudgeon is suffering form small penis syndrome. I
manifests itself by putting stupid remarks on forums of poeple who ar trying to help each other because they have nothing better to do. No F**k off small Dick
-
-- coupe

<snip>
Perhaps he was just a bit bemused by an apparently random "for sale" posting appearing in the uk.rec.cars.classic news group, and quite genuinely suggested an alternative method of finding someone to help. If so, I don't think he really deserved that sort of abuse.
I wonder if "coupe" would like to give us the date of the post he was apparently replying to?
"Coupe" may also feel his contributions would be even more welcome if he adhered to one or two of the news group's conventions - not really rules, just conventions, or social norms - call them what you will.
News groups aren't all that difficult to use without the intervention of parasitic third-party web sites.
--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)***

Ignore it; it's an autobanter wanker.
--

Dave
SE6a

While I appreciate what you are saying, prior to writing my nasty repl
I checked out other posts from him only to find that he takes deligh in sending the same thread to lots of people with a slight variance the end, and so i let rip. I understand that the original was writen long time ago but it can take ages to locate parts for scimitar coupe' as i know because i own 2. the guy may have sorted it long ago but that no problem, if i don't say anything he may continue looking for ages. could have listed them on ebay so that he bid against others and hel pay their fee's but i thought if he is looking, let him have them chea to help the guy.
maybe in future i'll not offer help if that is the etiquet of thi site
-- coupe
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:47:53 +0000, coupe wrote:

This isn't a site, you don't have a clue, and what the fuck made you think that posting a reply without context to a post that expired, well more than a month ago so it's not on the server here, was "help"?
Now fuck off and poke at some other website with your headstick.
drugs began to take hold. I remember Grimly I'm a **** Curmudgeo saying something like: [color=blue][i]
Hi I'm Grimly Curmudgeon im very good at sucking cock, and enjoys stev firth regularly ..........****wit....
--

Dave
SE6

--
coupe

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:34:19 +0000, coupe wrote:

Aww bless, does the headstick not reach all the keys?
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember coupe
My, what a clever person you are.
I don't really expect anything else from a retard. Wit, for example, would have been nice, or even a dash of sarcasm.
But no, you really show yourself for what you are - a schoolboy trapped in a man's body.
Carry on and give us all a laugh at your feeble attempts to write something cutting.
--

Dave
SE6a

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:01:33 +0000, coupe wrote:

You see, you went wrong right at the beginning of your diatribe you clueless little wanker. Now fuck off.

Site Timeline