XJ40 radio follow up

I have found out now how to remove the radio and have confirmed that there is a DIN size aperture behind it. The connectors are specials so may have to have an inline connector to allow restoration to original.

The only difficulty still to be investigated is the common earth lines. I'm told that the commoning is done iside the centre console, so hopefully that will be easy enough to sort out.

The reason for change is that I have been unable to repair the LCD display and besides that, I changed over to Minidisc with CD changer some time ago. I don't have cassette tapes anymore!

I hope this might help someone else in the future. Contact me by email for detailed instructions on removal etc.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

My SD1 had a four speaker set up driven off just two amps, so pairs of speakers shared a common return. There was a front back balance control on the output of the amps. Modern 4 speaker radios tend to use bridge outputs, so neither side of the output is earthed, or commoned. When replacing the radio with a modern one, I found it easier to run new wiring to the front speakers rather than find out just where they split, ground wise.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I;d love to, but your email addy probbly isnt snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net ;o)

Reply to
Ted A Turner

there are email addys on the websites though, even phone numbers.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I would have thought that the reply to address would have worked? Anyway, you can use g6fgo at one of the domains listed in the sig.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

It would, had you used one.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes, I have now tested it. I was under the impression that a reply would work, but obviously not! Useful to have that information now, thankyou.

Reply to
Andy Luckman
"

In which case "I do" must be the longest.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Absolutely ;-)

It's part of the tag, but I've stuck to the 'rule' of no more than one line for tags.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

As ever, Dave, I sit corrected!

And I thought I was being original....