Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1969 Sunbeam Alpine Arrow. Body mods
I've acquired one, an abandoned project to convert to a convertible, along the lines of the common Morris Minor mod. Being a two-door and with a reasonably low body line I think it looks pretty good...
5
5

NEC classic
Anyone going to the NEC classic car show this weekend? Going tomorrow and may stay for Saturday too.
2
2

Car ID
Is it possible to identfy a car by its registration number? I've tried Google and various registration sites but no luck. The car in question is WMC 180. The reaon I ask is that I followed this car...
4
4

For sale Clark Plasma King 50 plasma cutter
Clark Plasma King 50 plasma cutter. I bought it to restore a 50's van to make the work a little easier so it's been used very little. Can cut through 10mm steel! See the spec and current prices here:...
1
1

mini inlet manifold and triumph weber
i've got a flowtech mini inlet manifold never been fitted. for a single carb su maybe. anyone any idea what its worth i don't need it and thought about putting it on ebay. also got a set of triple...

Number Plates - which type?
I have a 1965 Jaguar S type - what type of number plate would have been fitted to it originally? Would it have had pressed aluminium or would a higher end car of that era more likely had riveted...
27
27

FA The Sports Car Design & Performance vintage 1954
The Sports car ,It's design & Performance by Colin Campbell 1954 ,VGC, 1st edition.262 pages. For over 25 years Colin Campbell's books on the sports car have been accepted as standard references for...

Im now MegaSquirted...
Finally got the MegaSquirt fitted to the SD1. Once I'd finally got it to idle, the rest of the tuning to get it to run well was easy. Fine tuning for max power and economy will, I'm sure, take longer....
8
8

123 Ignition
Hi - I promised to report on this.. For them what don't know it's on a 1966 E-Type, 9:1 pistons (Brit, not European or American spec). For them what knows me of old I apologise for being boring. First...
4
4

An unusual motorhome...
Went to the SD1 club spares day at Gaydon yesterday, and there were other clubs there too. Classic taxis was one - and another sort of general one. Which had a Rover P5 motorhome among the more usual...
13
13

Austin A40 Sports X 2
We are storing two cars for our friends who moved to the 'States 6 years ago, and due to a job and location change, they are now thinking of selling the cars as they are not going to have the room to...
1
1

Cheap Rollers and Bentleys
5
5

123 ignition
Post rebuild I'm having a bit of trouble with the ignition timing on my 1966 E-Type. Book says 10 btdc, but that was for 5* fuel; pre-rebuild it ran OK at 8 btdc on Shell V-Power. Now it pinks at the...
15
15

Adpating self-levelling Nivomats for the SD1 Vitesse?
Anyone with an SD1 Vitesse or other older car which previously had Nivomats but which are no longer available might feel the same - that it's a real drag having to put up with inferior spring/shock...
23
23

It's not been my day...
Just about ready to fit the MegaSquirt. Taking my time as I want a nice neat reliable installation. Made up a complete new wiring loom for the SD1 injection - in all the right colours. But decided a...
8
8