Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel tank sensor and gauge
I have to debug an old-style fuel gauge problem this winter, it never moves. I will first check that the gauge is wired correctly, and has power. As I see it, the gauge is really an ammeter, the...
21
21

Headlight bulb orientation
1 have acquired a pair of halogen (I believe) headlights 'kits', the bulbs are as seen here: Am I correct in thinking that this orientation is correct, with the cap for the front-most filament above...
7
7

diesel engine that fits super snipe
Hi I have two humber super snipe one manual and one auto they are both 1961 I have the manual one refurbished , but the engine is gone in the auto one and was thinking of putting a diesel engine in it...
16
16

Supplying a car for filming.
The club I belong to get quite a few requests for cars to be used in filming. What I've noticed over the years is the fee being offered gets lower and lower. Latest one is for car plus driver for what...
2
2

Automobilia auction in East Anglia this weekend
In case anybody wants a box of carb. parts or a 1948 Rover.

vinyl over the wall nut on the door of humber super snipe
Hi again looking for some more information on my humber super snipe , on al l four doors at the top of the wood trim is vinyl and it needs replacing it all cracked and broken some of it is missing all...
2
2

paint name and codes
Hi can anybody tell me the name and code for the paint on my humber super snipe. It 1961 the tax book says it charcoal and fawn I can get the charcoal the roof is the one I cant fawn can anybody help...
6
6

Just what you wanted.
Item 7386. I remember seeing these at work when I was much younger.
1
1

Geoff Mackenzie
This group is pretty quiet these days, but those who still see any new posts may wish to know of the sad passing of Geoff, who was regular on here in the days when it was busy. He was a true gentleman...
1
1

Jeans Beetle
My sister-in-law had one of these, but somebody totalled it one winter. "The Bug has some surface rust which gives it a 'Ratty' look and will require work for its MoT. Work Required: 1, Breaks require...

Great European Rally
This rally, during which two competitors (at least) have died, has a website, which still looks as though nothing has happened since the rally was open for bookings. Not very impressive.
4
4

Classic Cars
Just seen a picture of my SD1 on the Classic Cars mag website. Taken at the Ace Cafe a couple of month ago. Dunno if it is in the actual mag. Suppose I'll have to buy a copy to find out. ;-)
1
1

Identify this stock car's car body and grille?
Looks like a 30's Ford coupe, but really I don't know. The grille reminds me of a Morris or Wolseley. I'd be grateful for a definite id. (The American car behind is a 1948 Buick Roadmaster.) Cheers!
12
12

Vehicle Tax Reminder
I have just received my reminder for a Historic vehicle. DVLA know I have insurance, and they know I have an MOT for the vehicle. They know that when I process the reminder, I won't be paying anything...
4
4

AC Lookalike?
What looked at first like an AC Ace/Cobra drove through the village yesterday, but when I watched it disappear, the view from behind looked as though it had been squashed, a bit like watching an old...