Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Battery charger for laid-up car
I'm looking for a battery charger that I can leave connected for some weeks, that will take care of the battery with no attention. I see several on Amazon, etc, but I am looking for personal...
11
11

Rover promotion video
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11316140/Watch-Rare-police-archive-footage-of-the-Rover-3500.html
2
2

Very hard to identify, but ----
The cannibalized body of this 1960's stock-car is from a rear-engine --- what? At first the louvres and the two hinges suggested a Fiat 600, but all Fiats had a generous space between the two runs of...
2
2

Instrument lighting
Thought I'd try a post here just in case someone has an answer. The instruments on my SD1 are white on black in daylight. Look perfectly normal. At night, they are an early example of back lighting....
1
1

Bristol Blenheim for sale
Item 5414. Due to no MOT etc, you would need to trailer it away. It might be a bargain, though! Auction Friday 1 pm. Remote bids accepted, if you're quick.
27
27

Rust proofing.
Spent the day squirting loads of Dinitrol into the SD1's cavities. Used a small compressor (briefcase size) I got from Lidl. Just about adequate pressure/flow for the gun which came with the Dinitrol...
14
14

My SD1
Got my SD1 back from the bodyshop yesterday. Those of you with long memories may remember it had new nearside wings front and rear and a sill fitted. Or rather, that's the parts I supplied for...
2
2

Guys i need help, dipstick tube broke off in my essex v6 and i need a replacemen
Guys i need help, dipstick tube broke off in my essex v6 so i need a replacement or the size in lengh of the original one
1
1

Update on my SD1 'repairs'
Some good news. I've had a full refund from Autopride. I'd rather be back in the position of before I went there, as at least the front wing will need to be replaced, and I supplied all the panels....
2
2

Ping Geoff Mackenzie
Geoff, tried to email you but wondered if I have your current address. Could you email me - address at the bottom of this post, but note the spam trap.

FS: Lotus Europa
Hi I have acquired an old Lotus Europa 1971 (J Reg). Currently I have no V5 or even the keys. It is basically a restoration project for someone with a lot of spare time. Body is not bad, but engine is...
2
2

Tale of woe (long post)
The old SD1 needed some body repairs - it had failed the last MOT on a small hole in a sill and had been 'patched' merely to pass it. The bottom of the D post beside it was decidedly crusty too - but...
4
4

Triumph wing mirrors
I have seen photos of the big Triumphs - 2000, 2500, 2.5PI with mirrors on the wings. I believe it was an optional extra rather than a standard fit. I have to do some maintenance and subsequent paint...
23
23

What does REF # 14136 fit ?
I have a mystery set of piston and rings that came with a barn find, suspect they may be for a MGTD but sure. Box is very old and has a part number of 14136X
2
2

OT: Bradford Van
Just typed this into a search engine, and got this Facebook page: Bradford Van Arnum Intern at U.S. Department of Commerce Washington, District Of Columbia (Washington D.C. Metro Area) Not quite what...
2
2