Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Escort door lock
A friend of mine has had his 1969 Escort broken into (not what I would call a classic, but he is happy with it!). They didn't take the car, or steal anything from it, but they did wreck the door lock....
12
12

Anyone want a project?
My friend has just bought another funny liddle car to weigh in as scrap, but it really would be rather a shame. It's one of the 1st generation Honda Civics - 1979 1.2 Hondamatic, with an immaculate...
4
4

1969 Austin Healey Sprite Door Seal Installation
I purchased door seal material (rubber/woven cloth) from Moss Motors, along with some metal clips and cannot figure out how to attach the seal material to the door jam. Can anyone help?
1
1

Lucas c40 generator substitute
Hello, Any suggestions for a more modern substitute for the Lucas C40 generator? This is for a 1960 Series II 109" I'm up for fabing a new mounting bracket/arm. Or is there a source for reasonably...
1
1

Morris Minor Ownersclub site down?
Strange - I can ping it OK but can't get on in any browser......
6
6

Mini A+ distributor curve info please?
Hi, Does anyone have access to centrifugal and vacuum curves for distributors used on Mini A series engines. I have been reccommended to use an A+ dizzy on my engine but would like to know what the...
3
3

Thankyou
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll post them on if my isp carries that one. David
1
1

Want to post a few pics
Hi, Want to post a few pics of old british cars seen in a local scrappy. Is there a binaries part of this group - or is it ok to post here? Regards, David
2
2

Triumph TR7 with Dolomite Sprint Engine - Questions
I have a Triumph TR7 with a Dolomite Sprint engine fitted. Two questions: Firstly, how do I safely remove the water pump impeller and bearings/seals so I can replace them? Secondly, has anyone got a...
4
4

WTD:- Arrow Range Handbrake lever
Hi Can anyone supply me with a handbrake lever to fit a rootes arrow range model . i.e hillman hunter , humber sceptre, singer vogue, or even commer van. I need one as the ratchet has failed on mine.
7
7

Big Mini
There is a claim in todays Independent that Raymond Baxter (who recently died) "drove a Mini with an Austin Healey 3000 engine in it." Baxter had been (among many other things) a successful rally...
16
16

Brakes question - 67 Morris traveller
Every time I get in the car to drive it, I have to make one push on the brake pedal to firm the brakes. Not a pump, just one push, as if the shoes are too far from the drum surface. (I've adjusted the...
7
7

MB Vito
Hi everybody Thinking about bying MB Vito van. Anyone who got experience with them can you tell me what it is like to own and drive. Is it a good choice or not? Any typical problems and so on. All...

Wanted: Good home for and Aging Cavalier V6
A friend at work has a J reg 2.5Ltr V6 Cavalier. It is an Automatic and has recently had a new gear box. It has no tax or MOT and does need some TLC. It needs a new home or it will be off the the...
22
22

Ford v8 Pilot
Has anybody any idea where i can get bearings for the steering box on a 1948 v8 pilot
1
1