01 C5 Service Active Handling Soon - warning

Reply to
aRKay

On a Stabilitrac system, yes. Reset it, forget it, didn't come back.

We've put over 65K miles on two Stabilitrac systems ('01 and '03 Buicks). These are a narrow bandwidth version of AH. I'm three months into Active Handling on a three-year old C5 (have the first owner's records -- no AH repairs). I've not had a day when these systems weren't functional.

The ABS on my C4 has some of the components that are used in Stabilitrac and Active Handling (sideforce sensing but no yaw rate sensing. The C4 ABS has been running for almost 17 years (2 or 3 activations each year). It failed test one morning due to corrosion in one of Bosch's copper connectors. Otherwise, no malfunctions. (Punchline: This stuff is dependable -- no sweat! I've always had all of the brake fluid changed during each brake job.

Reply to
PJ