dealer service

Had to learn how to reset warning settings the other day when they showed up too soon. Fortunately with Google to find technique it was fairly easy. On new Forester last year, service warnings did not come up for a year but now they just came up 6 months after service. Retired, the low mileage I put on a car, the dealer will see me in 6 months.

Reply to
Frank

My wife's '17 Forester owner's manual says it's due every six month for an oil change. I was surprised it's that frequent. While she's a low mileage driver too but if the owner's manual calls for it, I'll do it.

The dealer we bought it from gives three years of free oil changes. After that, I'll go back to doing them myself as I have for years. It's a piece of cake with the oil filter being mounted on the top of the engine.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Just noticed your gun related sig, which I agree with.

Thought I responded earlier but somehow post did not go. Makes no sense that I did not see message the first year, got service, then see messages 6 months from then. Dealer does resetting and in fact when I had service and started the car a message came up and I went back and told them to fix it. Our dealer like some other dealers wants you to return for service at half the interval the manual calls for.

Reply to
Frank