1976 corvette engine help

I have a 76 stingray with the L-48 350 small block....can anyone help me on how to max out its potential horsepower....which carb should be used when my rpm redlines at 5,500? any advice or tips is very helpful...thanks, chris.

Reply to
Double C 33

Bolt-on HP is about letting it breathe. Any speed shop has small block chevy stuff.

An Edelbrock Performer series intake and exhaust headers are usually the 1st bolt-on choices.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

- snipped-for-privacy@j21g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

Yeah sorry I should have mentioned i already knew that. Do you know which carb or like which cylinder heads, or maybe ignitions systems like the spark plugs, spark plug wires or something like that?

Reply to
Double C 33

- snipped-for-privacy@j21g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

I want to keep the orginal motor though, any suggestions?

Reply to
Double C 33

Buy a ZZ4 and be done with it. Then put the original motor in the garage with instructions to who ever manages your estate..

Reply to
Speaker of the Truth

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@j21g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

With your proposed changes it wouldn't be original anymore now would it? Like SotT says, KEEP the original in the garage!

Reply to
Bob I