1993 Right Louvre

Just ran into a problem fixing up my 1993. I was planning on replacing the front right side fender louver, but it seems that it's out of production and out of stock everywhere: Mid America, Ecklers, etc. In fact, Ecklers has 1984-90 and 1995-96 but no 1991-94.

Worst part of this is that I found out about it this morning after I brought it to a body shop to replace it as part of a bigger job. Anyone have any ideas of where I might find one?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Villani

Once upon a time, I'd have said Bloomington, but after the trip a couple of weeks ago, that is not likely anymore.

There is a guy who advertises on eBay from the Pacific Northwest area. I think he bought out the old Lincoln Corvettes junkyard and some others. I can't recall his ID but you might find him and see if he has it.

Also do a search on eBay. It has become unfortunately the new swap meet of the 21st Century.

J. T. Piper's in Ill, 217-275-3743 800-637-6111

Corvette City, Chicago area 847-433-6610

Stoudt Auto Sales, Reading PA (long time Corvette parts and sales)

800-523-8485

If you can wait, Carlisle is near the end of August.

--- This is not a recommendation of any, as I have had no dealing with them.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Local junk yards in San Diego are on a computer network and can search each other for hulks & body spares. Some ask for a $$ deposit to do the search (most refund the deposit if the part isn't found or if it's damaged beyond reasonable repair.) The parts aren't cheap. Maybe something like this exists in your area.

Paul H.

Reply to
Paul H.

Reply to
X--Eliminator

Decided to try Stoudt Auto Sales in Reading, PA, since that's closest to Central NJ. They suggested I try Contemporary Corvette in Bistol, PA

1-800-FOR-VETT. Looks like a nice place. They had it in stock. Thanks all.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Villani