2001 Corvette door handle

Have a couple questions. My 2001 Corvette convertible was broken in to. They used a screwdriver to push in the lock on the drivers door. I took it to a shop to get fixed but they wanted to charge me $1100 to do the job. With high deductible and no money I would rather fix it myself. I'm not sure what holds the lock into place but it may be possible to put the lock back and refasten it but I need to get to it somehow to see. What procedure do I need to take to get to the out door handle from the inside without messing anything up?

2nd question: Is there a Hayes or Chilton repain manual for C5 Vettes? I can't find one. If anyone knows where they can be bought please let me know.

Last question. When I turn my lights off on my car the lights go down but there is a whirring noise (like a motor running really loudly) on the passenger side light. It goes for about 10 seconds before it quits. Anyone have any ideas on what this may be or how it could be fixed? The lights work okay, but that motor noise it loud and I fear something bad will soon follow.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
dracdirect