1995 Honda Passport Anti-Lock Brake Problem

What can I look for on 95 Passport w/ 65,000 miles RR Anti-lock and Brake Light come on after a few seconds of startup. There is an ABS code #9 (High Speed Sensor Resistance). There are times that the lights for the power/winter on the dash come on also. At times one set of lights comes on the other set goes off and vice versa. Could there be a possible short somewhere? If so would it be VSS under truck or short within the inside wiring. Any input would be greatly helpful..Thanks

Reply to
RGALAN

I have somewhat of the same prob with my 1995 Passport. The ABS/Rrear light comes on and stays on most of the time, but at times goes off as well. I am told it is due to a speed sensor on one of the rear wheels, and may be due to dirt or something blocking a signal.

When it's pouring rain outside, the light is off. When it's dry, it's on. So there must be a cover somewhere missing or something.

Techs said over $200 to fix the problem. They also said brakes work fine, like normal brakes, when ABS is not working.

So I drive safer.

Aaron

Reply to
AJPDLA

"AJPDLA" wrote: > RGALAN wrote: > > What can I look for on 95 Passport w/ 65,000 miles RR > Anti-lock and > > Brake Light come on after a few seconds of startup. There is > an ABS > > code #9 (High Speed Sensor Resistance). There are times that > the > > lights for the power/winter on the dash come on also. At > times one set > > of lights comes on the other set goes off and vice versa. > Could there > > be a possible short somewhere? If so would it be VSS under > truck or > > short within the inside wiring. Any input would be greatly > > helpful..Thanks > > > > I have somewhat of the same prob with my 1995 Passport. The > ABS/Rrear > light comes on and stays on most of the time, but at times > goes off as > well. I am told it is due to a speed sensor on one of the > rear wheels, > and may be due to dirt or something blocking a signal. > > When it's pouring rain outside, the light is off. When it's > dry, it's > on. So there must be a cover somewhere missing or something. > > Techs said over $200 to fix the problem. They also said > brakes work > fine, like normal brakes, when ABS is not working. > > So I drive safer. > > Aaron

Thanks AJPDLA,

I have read about the sensors and where the locations are, just was not sure if by moving or touching would effect normal brake system. By removing and cleaning whatever build up it may have, might clear the problem. I will try and see what happens. Thanks for your help!!

Reply to
RGALAN