1990 Tempest Fault Code 62

I have a 1990 Pontiac Tempest with a 3.1 litre engine. Recently the Check Engine light came on. After I shut the car off and turned it back on, the light stayed off. However, when I checked the fault codes, the computer displayed a fault code of 62. The car idles poorly when in gear, lacks power, and shifts late. From the research that I have done so far, it looks like the fault code means that I have Transaxle gear switch signal problems. I'm not really sure what that means, or where to go from here. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Trachy

Reply to
Mark Trachy

I have a 1990 Pontiac Tempest with a 3.1 litre engine. Recently the check engine light came on. I checked the computer for fault codes, and received a code 62. The car now idles poorly when in gear, lacks power, and shifts late. From the investigation that I have done so far, it looks like I have some sort of problem with my 'Transaxle gear switch signal circuit'. I'm not really sure what that means or where to go from here. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

MT