2005 battery security FEATURE...

Does anyone know who the idiot is at chevrolet that designed the 2005 C6 "kill your batter" feature? I'd really like to know so I can try and get the person/persons FIRED!

Who designes a car with this FEATURE? what's worse is the battery goes dead even when it's in reverse!! I've gone through two batteries in less then one year. I've gotten into the habbit of roll'n the car back just to make sure I'm in reverse. Eight times the car has drained the battery overnight, at least...

Has anyone installed a battery cutoff switch? Other then resetting the clock every time I drive it.. there doesn't seem to be that much of an issue.

If anyone from chevrolet reads this forum and knows the boss of whoever designed this FEATURE into the C6... please let me know.. I'd love to give him an ear full!!!

The dealers know about this issue... recall this damn car already.. fix the damn thing.

Anyone thinking of a new C6, make sure the dealer throws in a battery charger because you WILL NEED ONE, that and a pair of jumper cables. DEMAND IT!!!!

Reply to
njk3rd

You're not happy? The '06, C6 doesn't have that problem from what I hear. Should have got an automatic.

Reply to
Dad

Hi

Can you explain please, I have a 2001 C5 and have replaced the battery and yet still at times its flat for no reason.

Is there something I do not know about.

Reply to
ray

It has nothing to do with the C5 battery going dead, just the C6, '05. The shut down procedure of the keyless ignition, 6 speed manual transmission only, requires it to be in reverse. It states that it can discharge and/or damage your battery if not in reverse. The issue is clouded by bad batteries, poor switch settings, spongy shift gates, and other gremlins that cause the battery to go flat in a short time. I understand that the C6 in '06 has been changed but have yet to see one in the flesh to know it is true.

Reply to
Dad

Check out

It's called priority start.

I bought a new C6, and had to replace the battery the next day because it wouldn't hold a charge, I don't know if it is related to this. They call it DBS (dead battery syndrome) on the corvette forums. It seems to occur with about 20% of 05 manuals.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson