2006 Corvette Z06 Pricing Announced

GM has just released the pricing for the 2006 Corvette Z06

Z06 Base Price - $65,000 Destination - $800

1LZ Package - $0.00 2LZ Package - $2900 US9 6 Disc CDD - $1740 U3U Navigation $1600 QL9 Z06 Polished Wheels - $1,295 R8C Museum Delivery OPT $490 45U Tint Coat - $750 19U Premium Paintt - $300
Reply to
Bababooey

================================== Ok eliminating the 6 disc player and the navagation crap...both of whick I could care less about . I'm out the Museum door for 72,000 plus taxes, tags, registration etc....

Wish I could honestly say not bad....

BUT a nice used C5 Z06 at half the price just may be a better deal for an old retired guy like me who has been thinking about financing my fiirst car since 1969 with my Social Security Checks (thank each and every one ou you for your conttributions) which I should start to receive in a few months...

Bob G.

64 & 72 Corvette Ragtops 76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.

The SS check is how I finance my toys too.... got to add a Beretta 686S in .410 before my next car. I too am appreciative. :)

Joel Jacobs

4thC4at60
Reply to
Joel Jacobs
.

Been years (like in the 60's) since I purchased my Berettas BL3's (I think) over and unders.... 20 & 12 G...not matched. however as I was poor in those days...lol I use Remington 1100's for 28 & 410 they are matched and carry the same serial numbers..same balance etc . When my sons because old enough to shoot I wanted to buy them each a 20G BL3 ( mid 80's ) and almost fell off the face of the earth at the price way back then...they each got a 870 ... . Just curious on todays pricing.. I sure have not kept current on model numbers and prices etc.. in fact been almost a year since I last shot... Not that it matters because I am not in the market... Uncle Sam helped me purchase mine since I shot for the Army (Fort Detrick & Walter Reeds teams)...Not National by any means...and the BL3's are far from top of the line...

Bob G

Reply to
Bob G.

I had a set of the Remington matched guns in 28 and 410 but wanted to go back to O/U guns in the subgauges. The new Beretta 686S retails for $1995.00. I paid about $1,300 for my 28 gauge nearly 12 years ago. It remains my favorite gun, and I use it on everything except geese and ducks.

Just got back from hunting South Africa, if you're interested in the hunt/trip shoot me an email and I'll respond off forum: snipped-for-privacy@koyote.com

Joel

Reply to
Joel Jacobs

I wonder what the depreciation rate will be on this Vette ? Do u think it will plummet like C5's have, or, do u think because it is a very special edition / and limited quantity Vette...that it will be a slow Depreciator ??

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Dave you uneducated fundy troll....Why not splurge a little and buy yourself a brand new 06 Hot Wheels?

Reply to
Flakey714

Remember what happened to the Mazda RX-7. They increased the price and people stopped buying their cars. The RX-7 was then cancelled. The Corvette used to be a good buy. My 2001 will probably be my last one. It was only $37K out of the door with Tax, Title and License.

Reply to
aRKay

If I had $65K I'd pay it in a heartbeat! 500 hp - wow! And I'm 63 years old!

Reply to
Joel Jacobs

'If I had $65K I'd pay it in a heartbeat! 500 hp - wow! And I'm 63 years old!'

Reply: How about taking your present Corvette and building to 500 rwhp ? ; It would be alot cheaper , no ???

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

My old bus has 124,000 miles on it, and while it runs strong, it is an "aged" frame. And, it's an automatic. I'm not sure the aged tranny would sustain 500HP.... I concede I do love the looks of the C4.

Reply to
Joel Jacobs

'My old bus has 124,000 miles on it, and while it runs strong, it is an "aged" frame. And, it's an automatic. I'm not sure the aged tranny would sustain 500HP.... I concede I do love the looks of the C4.'

ME: How about selling it outright, then buying another C4 with low miles on it and building up the motor to 500 hp ? ( If you get a good used ZR1, youll only have to build up another 95 h.p. )

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Lets see. I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, 340 Hp 390 lbs torque, 5.7 hemi.

Ok I added the GS Paxton Super Charger, headers, magna flow cat back exhaust. Now I have 520 hp. Brembo breaks, 20 inch wheels and tires, new anti-sway bars, and a new hood with cold air induction. All this I can take a family away for the weekend and spank your vettes butt.

And I but the other $20K in my pocket. Have a nice day boys.

Reply to
drivemagnum

Since Both my wife and I both drive Dodges every day...(Van and Truck)

SO

I honestly have nothing against Mopar guys....BUT you just do not understand ....and most likely never will.... Corvettes are much more then a car...I do not know what the term Corvette Lifestyle really means but I can tell you it exsists.....believe me...

Talke the family away.... LOL not my thing..

.I raised the "crew" put em thru college...and kicked them out of the house...long ago... My Corvettes have just the right amount of seating that I need....one seat for the wife..and one for me...

The DODGE trusk is better however for hauling a 1000 BF of rough cut Walnut of Cherry home ...I will admit that...

Enjoy your Mopar.....Honestly... to each his own...

Bob Griffiths

64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes & a couple of Dodges that sit outside
Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to
Bob I

'Lets see. I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, 340 Hp 390 lbs torque, 5.7 hemi. Ok I added the GS Paxton Super Charger, headers, magna flow cat back exhaust. Now I have 520 hp. Brembo breaks, 20 inch wheels and tires, new anti-sway bars, and a new hood with cold air induction. All this I can take a family away for the weekend and spank your vettes butt. And I but the other $20K in my pocket. Have a nice day boys.'

REPLY: Yes but, its still not a piece of the Americana Sports Car heritage, it will continue to depreciate even after 25 years, i doubt theres any 'Dodge Magnum RT festivals' around the country several times per year, and going fast in a Corvette looks alot nicer too !

P.S. I always have a nice day ; can i have an ordinary day today ?

Reply to
dave

Dave you uneducated fundy hypocrite, some people would much rather have a real Superbee or a Hemi-Cuda than that Hot Wheels vet you bought at Kay-Bee's toy store

Or just think about an original Cobra or even a GT350H

Reply to
Dave is still an idiot

Dave I would like to continue this mindless banter, however I never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

You completely missed the point. I now have a family mover, that performs, looks great, and a bunch of cash in my pocket. I owned a 2001 millennium yellow Vette conv. Don't go near the subject of holding value. I sold it in 2003 with 6K miles on it brand new condition, for 39K, and it cost 57K with the taxes new. SO Vettes are NOT investment grade securities.

The End.

Reply to
drivemagnum

Reply to