.8 Gs, why not?

Coming home about 2 miles I didn't fasten my seat belt just to be a maverick. There are 2, 90 degree turns that drew a .8 on the G meter in the first one and a very loud seat belt chime and the active handling came on.

Question to anyone that has driven without seat belts long enough to get a warning of any kind. Was it triggered by distance, time, G force, or just because there was a maverick at the wheel?

Reply to
Dad

Maybe it's the same problem that afflicts traction control & ABS at about

0.8g.
Reply to
Rufio

No. I got pulled over by the cops and he just handed me the ticket.

LOL

Reply to
benf802961

Didn't have a problem with ABS just the normal "Active Handling" message that is supposed to come on and the chime. Is the problem you are speaking of always at about .8 Gs?

Reply to
Dad

After you drive a few minutes without a seat belt, you get a chime tone -- four time I think. It may get repeated after a while, but I've never driven more than a mile or so without a seat belt.

Reply to
Leonard Lehew

Try it a few more times. Validate.

Reply to
robrjt

Maybe pulling all those Gs caused you to hallucinate.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

OK, but we don't know which way he was turning and whether Dad's left brained or right brained or.... Let's not go there!

Reply to
PJ

Actually .8 Gs is not hard to pull, just hard to read the HUD when you're busy doing something else. It's easy to pull .6 on a sweeping entry ramp at less than full throttle and the .8 was on a 90 degree corner. I have pulled more then that without hallucinating but had the help of a flight suit in an F16D. Being weightless bothered me more but was able to avoid any FOD in my oxygen system.

Reply to
Dad

Reply to
RicSeyler

Oops, I thought those were Holsteins???

Dad One used Surge milk stool

Reply to
Dad

Your HUD had a G meter in it? I don't think my '04 ZO6 has one, but I'm not usually looking at the HUD in a hard turn.

Ed

Reply to
Spud

Yes, and you're right, they are hard to read when you're in a tight turn. One thing they could improve on is the format of the G meter and display it in a bigger number like the speed. The tachometer should also be a number and not the little dashes. It is basically the same size that my '04 had with more in it to make it harder to quickly read.

I realize that most hard driving is done by an acquired feeling rather than watching the gages. My thoughts are that if you have it then you should be able to use it, but you should be able to see it at a glance.

Reply to
Dad

I think Dad may have been referring to the HUD on a Falcon (not the early '60's Ford). If that's the case, it sure did. Had a bunch of other info on it as well, like a tracking pip, altitude, airspeed, etc.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Funk

Actually I've never been in a Falcon, a Lear 25, 35, and just recently a 45 and the F16D, yes, but not a Falcon. My guess is that my C6 is no different than all the other C6 HUDs out there.

From a review site.
&
Plus I think a few of you have missed the fact that it was stated as .8 and not 8 Gs. I've never been over 4 in a plane and that was plenty good enough for me. Since 9 is suicidal 8 is not on the menu for me.

Reply to
Dad