Disconnecting the seat belt indicator on a 94 Sentra

Hi,

I had a quick question on disconnecting a automatic seat belt warning buzzer on my 94 Sentra. My seat belt indicator (and the annoying buzzer) would go off for no reason while driving in a city (must be the turns and the bumps..). I don't think it is due to any mistake with the belts themselves or the sensors but a loose or faulty wire/switch.

Since I didn't want to run around with a multimeter and pull on every connection under the seat, I thought I'll just bypass the indicator by pulling out one of the connectors under my seats. There are two white connectors under each seat. I found that when I disconnected one of them (the larger one) the seat belt sign would come on when I started the car and go off after blinking 3 or 4 times (and it never came on while driving). During the entire process there was no annoying buzzing sound.

Now my question. Does anybody know if there'll be any other side effects to my disabling the seat belt warning system in this manner? If the wire is not connected to any other system in the car, this seems like a perfect solution to the entire seat belt problem.

There have been a lot of questions on this indicator problem on this group. This could be one solution.

Thanks. Thiaga

Reply to
thiaga

I had the same problem with the automatic seat belts of my 94 maxima.

There is a reed switch, closed by a magnet when the belt was > Hi,

Reply to
AS

I had the same problem and you should be happy to know that most nissan dealers will fix this for free, it seems anything pertaining to the seatbelts is free for as long as the car is in use, it took them about

3 hrs to fix mine, total cost $0. Even though I am the 5th owner of the car, it is under warranty. Might wanna call your dealer
Reply to
Didactic