82 Corvette, Trans Problem

My car only has first & park. Need some direction, manual is 200 miles away & I don't touch this car without reading first. Too easy & expensive to do otherwise (I have never been a chevy person & they are different)

Scott Asbill

Reply to
asaScott

My experience with automatics has been this:

Turbo 350 - will lose high (3rd) but still have 1st and 2nd.

Turbo 400 - lose any, lost it all. Except park, and that is a mechanical linkage.

700R4 - seems to be a bit on the T350 side, in that it will begin slipping and burning the fluid badly, but still get into gear.

That said, I'd think if you lost 2nd through OD, then you are toast and need a transmission shop. But if it happened suddenly from working on the car, then maybe it is the cable and I don't know the adjustment procedure.

Hopefully, someone with more automatic experience will chime in here.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri