88 Dash Pulsation & hard starting

I finally got my car on the road. Waiting for new tires :)

Question: I replaced my battery & altenator but my dash still pulsates a little. Is this a sign of impending doom? It's not as bad as it was before I replaced the battery & alt.

Also, my vette starts very hard. Have to hold the pedal to the floor sometimes and when it catches it bumbles at low rpm. It bumbles for a couple minutes & then it's fine. It runs strong and no codes.

Sometimes it flashes right up. Especially if I just have it shut off for a just a few mins. Longer than 10 mins and it's back to hard starting. I know there could be a thousand things causing this but I was wondering if someone had this exacpt same issue and resolved it?

TIA!

Reply to
88C4RagTop

Congrats -- always great to be out of the garage.

Is this all dash/instrument panel lites (including radio, A/C panel etc.) or just the digital LED panels (spedo, tach, fuel gage etc.) ??

If it's just the LED panels, it's probably a bad ground or a bad day/nite dimming circuit. Certainly fixable. Sometimes, a bad ground will also affect cruise control--that OK? All dash lamps -- headlamp switch or cable connector.

Should start under any reasonable weather condition with the throttle closed!

Sounds like two or more fuel injection problems. Best to just run through the diagnostics in the Shop Manual. If you don't have the manual, it will cost around $ 100 unless you can find one on E-Bay. That money will be repaid by the savings on the first or second part that gets needlessly 'thrown' at the problem.

-- PJ '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe

Reply to
PJ

Thanks PJ. The cruise control seems fine as does the headlight switch. It's just the dah as well. Not sure about the lighting sensor. Should I cover it with tape or something to see if it stabilizes the dash?

PJ wrote:

Reply to
belrophon

Thanks PJ. The cruise control seems fine as does the headlight switch. It's just the dah as well. Not sure about the lighting sensor. Should I cover it with tape or something to see if it stabilizes the dash?

PJ wrote:

Reply to
belrophon

If everything reads accurately and the cruise is working OK its most likely just the lighting circuits. I've re soldered most of he lamp connections on the circuit boards and cleaned up the connector contacts. Here's a link that covers the basics and connectors:

-- PJ '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe

Reply to
PJ

Very cool! Thanx!!

88c4ragT>> Thanks PJ. The cruise control seems fine as does the headlight switch.
Reply to
88C4RagTop