A/C problem

(idle) the cold air stops blowing. I have to rev up engine to get cold air. I also noticed that there is no water dripping from bottom of vehicle (condensation).

Done/checked so far:

  1. Checked the freon level with gage - at yellow alert (perhaps a little too much pressure in system)
  2. Condenser looks real clean
  3. Both fans working (any relays are probably fine)

Vehicle is a 2005

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3

Belt on compressor could be slipping at idle then tightens when the engine rpms pick up.

Reply to
dave

Thanks Dave, my brother did notice slack on the belt, so I am also guessing the tensioner.

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3