Another C5 oil question

Hi all,

I just changed the oil on my 2000, but the gauge still shows 50% remaining life. The 1990 had a procedure to get rid of the "change oil" light, does the 2000 Vette have a procedure to reset?

I used Mobil 1 10-30 (synthetic). I also drove around to see if a sensor has to "pick up" the new oil (but only drove about 5 or so miles total).

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3

Bob I

Thanks, I was doing something similar, but the engine was on.

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3

I just changed the oil on my 2000, but the gauge still shows 50% remaining life. The 1990 had a procedure to get rid of the "change oil" light, does the 2000 Vette have a procedure to reset?

I used Mobil 1 10-30 (synthetic). I also drove around to see if a sensor has to "pick up" the new oil (but only drove about 5 or so miles total).

Empty3

Reply to
localhost