Blue Devil

I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged

650bhp w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k planned to come out in 2009. It's currently known as the Blue Devil while it's a work in progress. Anyone know if this has any truth all bs?
Reply to
doug

Bob I

'I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged 650bhp w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k planned to come out in 2009. =A0 It's currently known as the Blue Devil while it's a work in progress. =A0 Anyone know if this has any truth all bs?'

REPLY: Im sure the Racers in this NG will testify that these figures are achievable with that much power providing its planted firmly to the ground ; Id guess an experienced Racer could do the quarter , around low

10's --- truly incredible to think its going to be a factory car along with good street manners.
Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials and under 11.25 on EMT's. While the BD/SS/ZR-1 will certainly rip up the strip, I wonder what it will do on the Nurburgring!

Bob I

My totally stock C6 (not a Z07) scares the beJesus out of me. I can't imagine trying to herd a fire breathing dragon like this Blue Devil around.

Ken

Reply to
ken_pittsjr

'Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials and under 11.25 on EMT's.'

REPLY: All the test results ive read on the C6/ZO6 has it coming in at

11.7 on EMT's. If it will do 10's on drag radials, that tells us there is tire spin going on with the EMT's. I wonder what type and size tires the BLue Devil will be outfitted with from the factory ??
Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

'My totally stock C6 (not a Z07) scares the beJesus out of me. '

REPLY: I experience the same with my 2006 C6 ; I seldom nail it from a start, but yesterday i was in a jam trying to turn left across 4 lanes of traffic from a stop and couldnt see for a parked truck . Had to make her go in a hurry to avoid a collision ; got a reminder of just how quick it is off the line . My 78 year old mom who was the passenger was reaching desperately to grab something (anything) !

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:22:12 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) puked:

I think I remember one of those tests where they launched in second gear at 6000 rpm. It was something teeth-shattering if I remember...

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

???I wonder what type and size ???tires the BLue Devil will be outfitted with from the factory ??

335/25Z/20

Reply to
Dad

Part of the joy is being traction-limited.

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

You could have read the documentation at the link as to how many folks have turned what. The objective is to not spin them much, and DR's allow you to use more throttle. It'll still spin.

Reply to
Bob I

Reply to
Bob I

Bob,

Strange he knows what the ET should be but can't find the tire size and brand??

Really what I wanted to ask is in the passenger side grill there is a light colored object in the picture on your web site, what is it? Right close to that location there is a removable part of the horizontal grill bar, about 4.5" long with a small lanyard on it, has been there since '05. I've ask around a few places but haven't found anyone that can identify its use.

Reply to
Dad

Word is that they're going to call it...

ZR1

The Legend Continues...

Crabs '90ZR1 #792

Reply to
Crabs

can't say as I know, it appears "round" with a dark center like some kind of port or plug. There are a couple connections on the rear also, one on each side outboard of the backup lights. (See youtube link at 34 seconds for the rear and 1 min. 46 sec for the front, you can pause and zoom ) I "heard" the rear ones were sample ports.

Bob I