C4 Electronics Question

I want to extended the alarm system of my 93. I know that there are two non-engine computers under the dash and they communicate via a serial link. I also know that when the alarm system arms and disarms it sends a binary code over the serial link. I have not been able to decode that binary code yet. The extension to the alarm system I want to make needs to know when the factory alarm is armed or disarmed.

I don't want to disable or stop using the factory alarm/security system. I really like the passive keyless portion of the factory security system.

Does anyone know what the codes are so that I can detect if the alarm is arming or disarming?

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Willson