Can't figure out my alarm system (1996 Saab 900SE)

Just bought a used 1996 Saab 900SE from a dealer. They did not have the keyless remote, so I'm not sure how to active the alarm system. Additionally, there are three LED lights on the dash that I suspect may be from an aftermarket system--2 small red ones on the inside of the cutout for the speedometer, tachometer, etc & one larger green LED just below the fog light buttons. When I start the car, these lights come on and off for about 2 minutes and there are loud beeping noises. Any ideas?

Reply to
vpauls

This is definitely an aftermarket system. The factory system (which was standard equipment in the US market), is only armed/disarmed with the remote as the doors are locked/unlocked. Using the key in the door lock does not arm/disarm the factory alarm. There are no LED's on the face of the dash of the factory system, only a single red LED atop the center of the dash, which is used to indicate alarm status. Sorry, can't be of more help as I don't know what was done to the factory alarm, nor do I know what aftermarket system was installed.

Reply to
Jim M

Thanks Jim.

Ideally I'd like to disconnect the new system and go back to factory installed, though I'll have to buy new remotes from SAAB for this.

Reply to
googlethis

FYI for everyone, it turned out to be a built-in radar system (the K40-2000).

- Vinay

googlethis wrote:

Reply to
googlethis