C5 5th & 6th not pulling hard?

2001 convertable 6sp

I was comming in on a remote section of dual lane seperated hwy(3am ish) and had this Camaro bugging me for 8 miles to race.. I finally jumpped on it and pulled really hard to about 125. It just seemed to top out???

I have dynoed it at 313hp?

Car is stock and the first time I tried to take her up.. My 2000 auto convertable runs fine up to 145mph with no issues..

Not that I want to race, but ???

Reply to
WC

Should have been in 4th when you "jumped on it", and then shifted to

5th. 6th is for noth> 2001 convertable 6sp
Reply to
Bob I

Right on Bob, 6th doesn't have available torque multiplication to overcome the wind resistance. Any of the 6speed era of Vettes, ventures to max MPH are done in 5th not

6th. :-)

Bob I wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

This was a year ago, maybe more, I can not remember if I "jumped" in 3rd or

4th. When it stopped in 4th, I shifted.

The point is, is there something not normal about this being "top speed". Is their something to check, engine wise or program wise? Exhaust wise? It really comes alive at about 3k and above to redline..

I normally don't hit 2k just in daily driving. I get about 21mpg city/28-30hwy.

Is 313hp more or less normal at the ground for a stock model? Its not a ZO6, (400hp right?), so am I about 37hp light???

Why does the auto pop up higher than the stick? Thought the "performace" upgrade was the stick? The auto, with top down easily did 145, but seemed to top out at this speed(not that it matters..too d$#% fast anyway!) I have seen photos of 158 and heard of them doing 178(stock) are these just tales?

Just seems like the vet should be able to do much more than I'm seeing? Whats the reality?

Reply to
WC

Reply to
Bob I

Reply to
RicSeyler

I always run super, unless I going cross country "cruse mode". It was a calm night on flat road..hummm?

Thanks

Reply to
WC

Reply to