C5 - left turn clicker problem

Quick and stupid question:

Any reason why the left turn clicker goes double the speed of the right turn clicker?

Reply to
Googz

Check to see if both the front and rear lamps are flashing. Generally when the clicker does that there is one lamp burned out.

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

Bingo...

And I would almost guarantee it's the front one. Water gets in those housings very easily and fries the bulbs, especially if you drive through standing water of any depth. And it's not a user replaceable part either.

Venger

Reply to
Venger

Most certainly is user replaceable and you can stand while doing the switch by removing the hood stop. Also can be done from the bottom by removing the panel in front of the wheel well to get to it but in that case it's nice to have it off the ground, but not necessary. You might want to do it that way and pull the entire assembly and see why it gets water in it, I've driven is some mighty hard rain storms for hours without getting water in them.

Never lost a bulb in a C5 but I have in the C6, I've changed them for club members because I got all of the bulbs, about 300 of them, when my B-I-L closed his parts store. I replaced the entire front end on my '98 from a deer hit and there is no reason for that unit to leak by the way it's made.

Reply to
Dad

Well, my experience has been to the contrary, I've lost three bulbs, at least one on each side, after hitting standing water...

Venger

Reply to
Venger

Didn't mean to imply that you didn't, only pointing out that there is a reason, they may have a bad seal or have been cracked. Either way it's not normal, they are sealed units to a point, they have to breath.

The '04 spent 2 days in Portland Or. in some rain the like I've seldom seen and the '98 was in Cincinnati in such a down pour that it was hydra planning without a loss of any bulbs. I drive them year round in some bad weather that sometimes catches me and I've never seen water in this style light that wasn't there because of a bad weld of seal. Not even the deer hit broke the seal. On the other hand I've seen light units that have water sloshing around in them when they lose a vent check or are cracked, Chrysler in that case.

Reply to
Dad

I finally got some time to replace the bulb. the easiest way is the following:

- turn on the headlights and go back one to parking brakes

- take off the bezel/casing around the headline

- pop up the hood

- you could access the bulb under the headlight lamp

don't need to go underneath, easier that way

Reply to
Googz