Corbeau seats in a C5

Does anyone out there have experience with installing Corbeau seats in a C5? Were you able to re-use the stock seat belts? I'm looking at the Corbeau A4, LG1, CR1, TRS, VX2000 types with various seat widths of 18.5", 20", 20.5", 22" and 22.5". What width were you able to fit? I'd be happy to hear any thoughts on this.

Reply to
bob.kirkpatrick

Lets us know what you decide and how it fits. I'm tired of the stock seat popping out of position. And no lateral support. I'd like to make a bar stool out of it.

Ed

Reply to
Spud

Funny, I ordered a pair of Corbeau seats for my 1995 C-4 last week. C-3, C-4 & C-5's are tough to fit. I really wanted to get the GTS II's but after talking to Brian @ Autobahn Power, I decided to go with the A 4's complete with mounting brackets and lumbar supports. The seats in my Vette are 19" wide, the GTS measures 20.5" wide. It looks doable but it would be a very tight fit. You can use the stock seat belts with the C-4 with this seat unless you're planning to do some track stuff, then it would be wise to go with the appropriate seatbelts.

I should have them by the end of this week and I'll take some pics after I install them. I'll do a follow-up post.

Give the guys at Autobahn Power a call or e-mail - they've been fantastic to deal with so far.

Sledge Hammer