corvette storage

For the past 6 years, I 'bag' ( car cover ) my corvette in the winter months, and for the past

5 years, I've had 'rodent' problems, mice and/or squirrels, getting under the hood building nests, leaving seed husks, etc in the engine compartment and my biggest nightmare, chewing wires. Well this past fall, I bought mesh bags, used for washing lingerie, at the dollar store ( about a buck each) filled each one with MOTH BALLS, and stuck them in varoius places of known habitation under the hood. A couple days ago, when the temp out side was above 60 degrees, I popped the hood and to found NO traces of rodent invasion. Looks like this year, I can just get in and drive with out having to spend a week making wiring harnesses. Just thought I'd pass this on, to anyone that has had similar problems.
Reply to
labtech1

when I opened the hood, most of the moth balls had disapated, and there was virtually NO smell. I tried dryer sheets last year and the 'rodents' used them to to help make their nests.

Reply to
labtech1

You may spend a week (or more) getting rid of the smell, however! A friend of mine swears "Bounce" dryer sheets keep the mice away, haven't tried them myself as yet.

Reply to
WayneC

Reply to
Ric Seyler