Car in Storage for 5 years

I inherited a 2001 Hyundai that has been sitting in a driveway in upstate New York since February 2002 & hasn't been started since then. It has about 3/4 of a tank of gas. What do I need to do before starting & using this car? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Reply to
Ginny50

I inherited a 2001 Hyundai that has been sitting in a driveway in upstate New

has about 3/4

this car?

Condensation would have collected in the gastank. I'd say have the car hauled to a repair station to have it gone over before attempting to start it, but then maybe you could drain the tank and add new gas, or at least add a product that combines with the condensated water, clean the spark-plugs, change the oil, charge the battery cross your fingers and crank the engine without stepping on the accelerator. (& crank and crank etc.)

Reply to
Burlo