Dont let your insurance laps

I have a 96 lt4..... Love it. Always think about trading up to a c5 but never acutally jump.

Anyway, I did not receive my insurance bill ( it came, it was in the pile with all the stuff I don't get around to opening).

Now I have a letter from the DMV to pay $600 bucks or turn in my plates for 60 days.

Serves me right.....

So dont let this happen to you.

I just drove ( illegally since I don't have insurance) to the car wash. Filled up the car, detailed the interior... put it in the garage and put the cover on it. Very sad.

Reply to
rebco10

You mean a 600 buck fine from the DMV because you accidently let your insurance lapse? What State are you in?

If so, you may be able (don't wait around to find out ) file for a hearing before a judge, show him your insurance and ask him to dismiss the fine. Bones

Reply to
Anonymous

Normally, Insurance Companies send multiple notices that your insurance is due / lapsed.

Reply to
dave

=========================== Try that in Maryland.... where a 600 dollar "fine" would be considered cheap... Especial;ly if you let your insurance lapse and also forgot to remove your licence plates from the vehicle car and physically return them to the DMV....

Bob

Reply to
Bob G.