electric problem

I have a 2003 with 10600 miles ive had it 2 weeks and ive lost power 3 times to my drive side door panel and it effects my dash gauges and radio. turn the car off it will rest set everthing except the door.... drive a few miles and it will do it again it says lower eng power, low fuel, low tire pressure etc... Take it home and pull the dash fuse and or the drive side fuse and it seems to rest everthing.. Help any ideas.... Hope it not the reason the person got rid of it....

Reply to
david snyder

Pull off the accordian between the door and body. Open up the two wiring connectors there and clean and make sure each wire is seated properly. Put it back together and you should be okay.

If you need more help, try

or

L DaVinci

I had the same problem. Pulled apart the connectors..cleaned..added some electric tape in some places.. worked for a while, but then when the weather would change it would act up. I ended up buying a door wiring harness off ebay for about $20. Havent had any problems for about a year now.

-Stan

Reply to
sbright

If your vette is a 2003 it is still under 3 yr. 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty. I'd call the nearest chevy dealership and schedule an appt. let them fix it free of charge ,AND while it is there tell them to check out the complete car ,and if it needs anything besides oil change, brakes,tires have them fix or replace it free of charge. Lastly if you plan on keeping the car ,call Bowling Green Kentucky where vettes are built ,Have them transfer the car in your name ,and you can purchase another 3yrs. and

36k more miles of bumper to bumper warranty for $1970.00 this can be broken into payments , its good at any dealership ,and if you sell the car during that time it transfers to the next buyer. You can't lose you have a brand new car warranty ,and if you decide to sell the car it increases the value of your car. Bob 02 ragtop , 78 Silver Anniversary.

Reply to
RJP

I know what you're saying but dealerships won't chase an electrical gremlin (esp. under warr.). I have a feeling that maybe when the original owner sold the car he was tired of xmas lights on the dash. They'll make your Vette less than desirable to say the least. I found my short by luck. Seems like an exact replication of the problem here. Makes me upset that it's the same problems that seem to come up over and over with certain years. You'd think GM would fix these common problems. I'm sure Joe Bob at the dealership has better things to do than chase electrical/electronic shorts. My dealer flat out refused to look for it. By the way-- the harness new costs $350 from the dealer. (RIP!!) Unless it's handmade or something and even then seems like a high price.

-Stan '99 Blown C5 '00 Coupe

Reply to
sbright