Mice in car

Hi All, Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on the drivers floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a second mouse. Found a large mouse nest under the console by the temp. controls made of chewed up carpet insulation. I figured they were getting in around the squirrel cage fan by going down the channel in front of the windshield on the passenger side and making their way through the a.c. ductwork. I crawled under the car looking for other entry points and there seems to be access around the heater core tubes that protrude out thru the bottom. Any ideas on how to block off these points of entry ?

Reply to
W. Moore

put a moth-ball or two in the area of there nest for a while. They will move on.

Reply to
Johnny Mc

Reply to
W. Moore

======================== I live in a rural area...and have "stored" cars over the winter for

25-30 years without a problem... HOWEVER 3 years aro I was paid a visit by Mickey, Minny,. and most likekly all their offspring... TThey did a number on the wiring under the dash of my 76...all the non mechanical guages sould not work... Took me a good year to sort out everyting...

BUT a mouse can "squeeze" : thru anyplace you can stick a pencil thru.. any hole 1/4 inch or so in diameter is BIG enough ...!

Personally I gave up looking for places they can get in... MOST CORVETTES were manufactured that they can walk right in thru the seams between the door and the fenders expecially if the weatherstriping is bad...

I now focus on making the garage as uncomfortable and cold as I can... Used to have towels etc folded on a shelf etc....mice love to craw inder the blankets to stay woarm etc...so now I "store" all rags, towels etc in rubbermaid containers with snap on lids... I focus on removing nice warm places for them is what I am doing..

ALSO use decon etc...placed around the cars and inside...

Made me wish I was not a member of the Mickey Mouse Club back when I was a preschooler.... DAMN MICE !

Bob Griffiths

68 SS 396 Chevelle 64 & 72 Corvette Convertibles 76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes
Reply to
Bob G.

Ummmmm ya got to count the skull there Bob-O. We ain't talking about octopus that only have to worry bout their beak.

hehehehe Your mak>

Reply to
RicSeyler

Buy a cat?

Reply to
Zorin Inc.

Any

"

BUY ???????????

Kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

I once had a cat that I wished was hairless, so I naired it. lol Of course if you get a cat, you'll need a dog to get rid of the cat.

Reply to
Zorin Inc.

"W. Moore" wrote: > Hi All, > Found mouse droppings in my '75 model, so put a mouse trap on > the drivers > floormat. Caught a mouse. Reset the trap, and caught a > second mouse. > Found a large mouse nest under the console by the temp. > controls made of > chewed up carpet insulation. I figured they were getting in > around the > squirrel cage fan by going down the channel in front of the > windshield on > the passenger side and making their way through the a.c. > ductwork. I > crawled under the car looking for other entry points and there > seems to be > access around the heater core tubes that protrude out thru the > bottom. Any > ideas on how to block off these points of entry ?

If you do not like the moth balls smell you can try using some silicone gasket maker but mix in some hair. You can seal off by the heater core area with this mixture. If this is too much for you, mice and rats will not chew on stell wool too!! Thats right mice and most wild animals hate the smell of human hair, or humans.

Reply to
andrewauto

Reply to
Bob I

Have you tried laying ALOT of traps?

A friend had this problem in their house which borders a field in the Central USA and LOTS of traps in combination with a good tomcat seemed to do the job.

Best of luck with your mice problem

Reply to
Bababooey