Why GM can't sell cars ( besides poor styling )

Went to the Chevy dealer for a new key ( $32.50)..stopped to look at several cars..I was totally ignored by the sales people who were doing their own thing (talking ,reading whatever). I was well dressed and driving my Vette...I did show interest in the cars on display...

Continued on to the local Ford dealer to look at the new Mustangs..as soon as I entered the dealership parking lot some one came out to ask if they could assist me..they then said if I was interested in any of the cars on the lot I could immediately take one home to show to the wife or whatever..buzzed around town for a couple of hours in a Mustang..it was great but I will wait to see the 450HP Shelby due out soon....but I was really shocked at the lazy Chevy sales people....GM still has lots to learn..BTY Chevy lot was packed with unsold cars & trucks....wonder why ..???

Also as a footnote when we went to the Chrysler dealer in Feb we were treated to the same polite service as at the Ford dealer..my son did end up purchasing a Chrysler 300....sorry there were no 300C cars available..SOLD OUT...

Reply to
Grayfox

RicSeyler

As RicSeyler so eloquently stated:

LOL I can't get the salespeople off me when I go in.

Reply to
Tom

GrayFox, a.k.a, Gay-Weasel clearly has an axe to grind with all things GM. He claims to own a Vette to justify his irritating posts in this NG and he says he owns a Shelby, presumably Mustang, not Cobra, but anything Gay Weasel says should be taken with a grain of salt. I suspect he owns neither. He's only in our NG to whine about GM's "poor products and service". He has popped in here several times over the past few years and the mercifully, he disappears for months at a time.

Reply to
StingRay

That wasn't my experience. I walked into Chevy dealer last month. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt and hadn't bothered to shave that morning. Based on my appearance, I probably didn't look like a "hot prospect." I was immediately approached by a saleman who was helpful and aggressive without being pushy. After a test drive and some time going over options, I ordered a Corvette. I'll be taking delivery next week or perhaps the one after.

Reply to
Leonard Lehew

Exactly, and sometimes it just depends on the salesman. Years ago, at the age of 20, a salesman and I went on a test drive in a Trans Am. During the test drive he and I arrived at the fact that it was beyond my means at the time. I did however know of a guy a bit younger than me that was interested in a Firebird (he had the money) and took the salesmans card. I reffered my buddy to him and that Fri.my buddy drove home with his new Firechicken.

The next Mon.the salesman showed up at my work ( 30 mile drive) and took me to lunch. My boss was a bit miffed as I worked at a Chrysler Dealership :-)

All of our salesmen had the customer judged, tried and hung in their minds before they got to the door. Real A-holes. There sales showed it too.

Marty

Reply to
Marty

I worked for GM for a bunch of years, at Chevrolet and Cadillac. From Service Writer, to Dispatcher then lastly Service Manager.

And dealerships are the most dysfunctional places you could ever work. Except maybe outside of a stripclub. LOL Employees screwing around on the side with other employees, personal vendettas, scantioned terrible customer treatment, horrific examples of work performed on customers cars, Service Dept absolutely HATING the Sales Dept and customers caught in the middle of feuds. After those years I swore I'd never work at another one in my life. LOLOL

But there were always the occasional guy (sales or service) that cared about their jobs and service, even when the dealership didn't.

I have friends and old employees that I can count on when taking my car in. If it wasn't for that, my car wouldn't come within a mile of most busy dealerships.. I've seen things that would make your skin crawl. LOLOLOL

It's like work>

Reply to
RicSeyler

depends on the car, I guess....

I have been to the Chevrolet dealer here, driving a 1976 Nova, and the whole place hit the parking lot to come look at it....

sold it last January, bought a 1993 Cougar, took girlfriends car to Ford/Mercury/Chrysler/Jeep store to get 3 month oil change, etc.... and nobody bothered me, even after drooling over both a white Ford 500, and a vanilla cream 300

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1105 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
markansas859