Need suggestions for alarm system and seats for 82 Corvette

Hello,

I'm restoring a 1982 Corvette and we are about to the

final reassembly stage. It is a full frame-on

restoration. Silver-blue exterior, standard edition.

It will not be quite show quality as I plan on it being

a daily driver. I'm tentatively planning on black or

charcoal floor and perhaps white leather seats; I'm

still looking at colors. I just finished putting on

the Lizard Skin heat shield and sound deadener. We're

about to put the wiring harnesses back in along with

all the interior brackets.

I plan on putting in a good alarm system but haven't

figured out what might be good to buy. The car will

be garaged at home and outside at work. I'm not into

remote starters, but that isn't a concern. I see that

they do have GPS and long range 2-way remotes now. I

tried to look at lojack's web site but that was less

than adequate in terms of a description of what they

offer. I figured you might be able to tell me what

alarm systems you like or dislike.

We've also decided that the seat frames should be

replaced. They are rusted and the entire electro-

mechanical stuff was scavenged before I got the car.

Where is a good place to find replacement seats for an

'82? Ecklers doesn't have any right now. What are

some other dealers for car seats? A friend recommended

racing seats since they are comfortable but the ones he

showed me didn't bend so I'd lose access to what little

room is in the back.

Thanks in advance,

David

Reply to
David

Viper Alarm with remote pager and remote start. I like the remote start because you can let your car warm up without the key in the ignition and the doors locked.

Reply to
Charlie