new shocks for a 1999 C5 - suggestions?

I need new shocks for a 1999 C5 with Z51 suspension. Looking for more performance oriented street driving. Does anyone have any suggestions or info on options?

Bilsteins have been recommended. I see two options of these, the HD/B6 and the SP/B8 variants. From what the chart says, I would lean to the SP/B8's. Comments?

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
charles

I was hoping a bunch of people would respond to this. Corvette Forum has several threads about this. The Bilsteins are mentioned, but there is much more talk of upgrading to either the C5 or C6 Z06 shocks for the C5. Some say there are differences between the 2004 and 2010 C6 Z06 shock and some there are not.

How about it everyone, which shock for a C5 upgrade?

Mish

Reply to
Gary Mishler

Ask an expert VB&P