Been Gone....

My Mother was diagnosed with Cancer and it has spread through her kidney, liver, lymph nodes and spine... so I've been torn up for the last few weeks... Got a call today and the Social Worker at the hospital is suggesting Hospice. She was a CPA and handled all my accounting and bookwork at my printing/design business. So I'm completely lost in every aspect of my life at the moment....

It's been a hard few weeks guys. The kind of stuff you read in tragic novels :-/

Reply to
RicSeyler

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 10:33:05 -0500, RicSeyler puked:

Sorry to hear that, dude.

lab~rat >:-)

My thought are with you and the feelings you will be going through in the future. I lost mother one year ago this week to Alzheimer's, she just forgot to eat and breath. Signing the release to stop force feeding was tough and still tugs at me but it was the only way left to us.

Hang in there, it is all a part of this great life we live.

Dad

Reply to
Dad

I'm completely lost in

go for a drive and get some fresh air A heartfelt good luck to ya

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

Sorry to hear Ric. sounds like the same thing that happened with one of my sisters in 2004. I have felt your pain...

try and be strong, I know its hard...

g'day

Reply to
'Key

Sorry, just went through thing with my Father a couple months back. The Hospice suggestion is a good one. He was able to pass in his own bed surrounded by family. Hard but best for all of us..............

brian

Reply to
Old & in the way....

Reply to
michael

Welcome back Ric, Knowing that there's a goodbye around the corner is a tough circumstance. Hospice is a tough call. I think the biggest thing is to support your Mother's desires and wishes in the matter. May you do well through all of what's ahead. Hope you can find a place that's close yet not too subject to hurricane evacuation.

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ

Sorry to hear of your mom Ric ; My 51 year old good friend is in a hospice right now with cancer spreading from his lungs to spine to ? . He is going to leave behind a couple of young teenagers , 24 year old son, wife, and many Corvette buddies. Im just so glad he knows The Lord and has gotton right with God.

Reply to
dave

Ric, I am truly sorry to hear of your Mom's diagnosis. Mine died in 1998 after fighting colorectal cancer for years. Radiation, chemotherapy, surgeries including an eventual colostomy...she endured it all. The last six months were awful, the last six weeks she wasn't herself anymore. I just watched the number on the morphine drip climb higher and higher. At least she wasn't in pain. Cancer is a horrible thing. One wonders if the money we've thrown down a rat hole in the Middle East could possibly result in cures or prevention. But that's politics...

I wish you and your Mom the best possible time, however much is left. She will need your strength and support and I'm sure she can count on that. I would only remind you that this is the cycle of life, and in some ways is a good order for the world.

One of the best things I've ever read is an essay by Lewis Thomas titled "Death in the Open" in his book "The Lives of a Cell." I'd recommend it to anyone struggling with the gigantic issue of life and death.

My best,

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

Ric:

This is awful news and all together too familiar. We buried my sister-in-law's Mom last weekend. She had successfully fought off the cancer twice, but she didn't have the the heart to fight it for the third time.

If there's any advice I can give you, above all... DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE. Have Faith. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

As bleak as it may seem today, tomorrow there may be a ray of hope. In the mean time, be by her side as much as you can, be the strength that she needs now. Remember all the times she helped you up, bandaged your skinned knees and bruised pride, and told you to get right back on that bicycle.

We will all say a prayer. Here's to Hope.

TomC

Reply to
Crabs

Like others, I lost my Mom last year to what sounds like the same thing. If anything good can come out of such things, I at least was holding her hand when she took that last breath. It may sound weird, but I hope you get the same opportunity. There's a certain magic in it that made the whole thing more bearable.

It's an opportunity to pay back some of what was given to you. All my energy goes out to you, and all my best supportive wishes.

BDragon

Reply to
BDragon

Ric: Sorry to hear that news.... Mothers are pretty tough to loose.. But you stoill have her for a little while my advice is cheresh these next few months etc....

I lost my Mother then my only brother (younger) and then my Father all within 15 months in 2000-2002 ...So I know exactly how you feel... and Honestly I'm still knid of empty... My brother shared mny love of Corvettes and his three are still parked in his garage since he died...

I started going out and looking up at the Stars when my Mom died...and Actually picked Saturn as her place in the sky where I can always find her...(the rings are perfect haloes for such a wonderful mother)..and have a good talk...

.When my Brother passed away I went with Mars as the planet where I could go visit (and talk) to him .. he was kind of like a Martian in a lot of ways..

Dad "hangs out" on Jupiter ..(just a source of strenght)...as he was to me all my life...

Those are 3 of the brightest things in the night sky and its not hard to find any of them any night I need to talk...

I spent so much time outside at night looking up trying to find "something"...to fill my emptyness That I have that I have spent

1000's of dollars in Telescopes and equiptment ...

Just how I try to stay in touch....

My Prayers are with you, and your Mother...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Thank to everyone, it really really means a lot! The Hospice people came by the shop this morning and got her signed in. ugggh... another thing that validates and makes this all too real.... I have an accountant coming in today to get me set on some kind of organization on how to document things in my shop and my financial home life.... that will be a big relief. Being a Mommas boy of a CPA can bit you in the butt.. I look back on this a say, I should of been doing this stuff, but I also know she would of probably been offended if I had pushed it.... :-( She has always lived for doing for others.

Found some old pics of her at the Grand Prix of Monaco in the mid 60's the other day, one with her sitting on hay bales at what looks like the swimming pool turn with an Gurney Eagle flying by her.........

Reply to
RicSeyler

I have to absolutely agree...... not that it could of helped my Mom, but others could benefit, I feel sure of that.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
RicSeyler

Dad, That is true.... I have to realize I'm not the only one to go through this type of thing, we all will.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
RicSeyler