Old Topic - Left Front Turn Signal

My 2001 C5 had the fast flashing turn signal indicator doing it thing telling me the lamp may be bad. I have learned how to change the lamp but this one gets weird. I pulled the lamp socket from the case and it started flashing. Nothing wrong with the lamp. Put it back in place and close everything and the next day it started flashing again.

I am starting to suspect a bad connection or lamp socket and have no idea how you change the wiring harness or how to remove it to be checked

Reply to
aRKay

I removed and reinserted the bottom socket for the left front turn signal and it is working again. I am not sure how long this will last and really don't know how to replace the socket. I have my fingers crossed

Reply to
aRKay

=========================================================== It's a bad bulb. The filament is broken, and when you disturb it, the filament welds itself back onto the other side, but it only lasts until you hit a good bump. Replace it---bulbs are cheap !!!

RON 67 435HP KA2IIA ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY-67 427/435hp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY-67 427/435hp) wrote: Ron,

Now that I think about it .....your right on. I have a new lamp and probably made a bad decision to go with the old one that started working again. The next time it goes out... I will trash the old lamp and go with the new one.

Stay tuned

Reply to
aRKay

Don't forget to use the grease that is used today to seal, maintain contact, and prevent corrosion. Don't recall it's name but it's the same stuff used on coil and spark plug boots.

Reply to
Dad

=========================================================== It's called silicone dielectric grease.

RON 67/435HP ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY-67 427/435hp

Ron,

Just where do you apply the silicone dielectric grease? It is almost too hard to change the lamp must less grease something when you can't see what you are doing.

The first time I tried (years ago) I did not get the lamp secure in the socket and that lamp is still riding around inside the lens case. I gave up trying to get it out. Tooooo hard

Reply to
aRKay

=========================================================== Apply it to the terminals of the bulb and then insert the bulb into the socket.

RON

======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY-67 427/435hp

Also on the seal to minimize sticking as on the plug boots.

Reply to
Dad