New wheels on the convertible

Early this year I bought a set of Magnum 500s (15x6) from Lee DeLaBarre. They were from a '70 Avanti he was parting out. I cleaned them up and in the spring I got a set of Firestone 215x75x15 tires put on (weights on the inside). After putting new six-leaf springs on my wagon, rebushing the old six leafs, installing them and front spring spacers on my '64 Daytona convertible, I finally got the Magnums put on. I'm pretty happy with the way they look and they sure make a good argument for not running larger radials on the skinny 4 1/2" Lark rims. I had 205x75s on the stock rims and they always looked soft because of the way the beads were pinched inward making the sidewalls pooch out. The 215s on six-inch wheels don't show that at all. See for pix:

the six-leaf rears raised the car 1 1/2 inches in the back and the 1/2" spacers raised the front right at two inches.Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

What a great looking installation. In more ways than one, the car has a whole new attitude.

Good advice on the tire sizes, too.

Congratulations.

Reply to
comatus

Loookin' gooooooooood...

JT

Paul Johns> Early this year I bought a set of Magnum 500s (15x6) from Lee DeLaBarre.

BTW- the six-leaf rears raised the car 1 1/2 inches in the back and the 1/2" > spacers raised the front right at two inches.> Paul Johnson

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Nice to see something go right for ya, Paul

Reply to
Karl Haas

Well Paul the wheels look really great on that car...Fit the wheel wells just right...Nice looking rig...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small