OT: Is a sig considered spamming

"Steve Horrillo" wrote in message news:yelvf.6919$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

doesn't matter because there is NOT a "Ya.net"

Reply to
'Key

"Steve Horrillo" wrote in message news:ixlvf.6924$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

doesn't really apply Steve. spoofing an address just helps with spam. it does NOT help ANYONE be less acountable for thier actions/posts. incase ya don't already know, there IS NO REAL way to hide...

Reply to
'Key

Nope. Got too much goddam SPAM.

TomC '90ZR1 #792

Reply to
Crabs

Yes there is. Type ya.net into you browser. Or check WHOIS or needname.com

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Very little spam I get comes from usenet. I use my real address but I put "usenet" in front of the @ sign (.ie. snipped-for-privacy@stephenhorrilo.com) so I can track where they're getting my address. Very little spam comes from usenet. Most of the spam I get is generated ramdomly or is taken from sites link livingnet or the mls.

Don't like smam? Don't use email. Don't like commercials. Don't watch TV. Don't like ads. Move to a communist country.

You smam fighters really need to get a life, a job, or a girlfrind/ lover, masterbate more often, or something to vent your frustrations in a productive way. Life is too short to bicker over this sort of nonsense.

Again, I empor you to get back on topic.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Thank you.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Thank you.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Thank you.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Again... Thank you.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Too bad you could not quote ALL of the post.................espcially the the part that does not support you view

Reply to
Gopish Too

Steve Horrillo wrote: = = = = = snip = = = = =

So, In light of the above, I can conclude that this isn't a casual tag link, it is intentional barrage advertising.

.... PJ

Reply to
PJ

None taken! :-Þ

================================== Hey Key "It's deja vu all over again!" Didn't we already have this conversation? I'm afraid that I just can't resist responding to Steve when he refuses my peace offering and tries to take another shot . I'll try harder Key. ;-)

Disclaimer: The writer is in no way speaking for the group in general or Key in particular. All opinions expressed are those of the writer. ===================================

right, we already had this conversation about the same thing. like I said, "no pun intended"

g'day

Reply to
'Key

"Steve Horrillo" wrote in message news:wCmvf.6936$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net...

when I enter "ya.net" in my browser, I get:

I enter it in google web, I get:
everything but the above kicks back.when I try needname.com,it says its taken but just can't find anything with just "ya.net" that stands alone without something added in front of it.

can ya let me know of one ? if ya can ? I will change it to something else.

thanks

-- "Key"

Reply to
'Key

which one would that be ? there was no PROOF posted that even addresses his view. care to point it out ? if you can't? then admit your wrong and move on.

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

Thanks Charlie!

Reply to
Cool Jet

Thanks PJ.

Reply to
Cool Jet

Tom, when I first found Usenet many years ago, I foolishly & naievely posted my real name and e-mail address. Within a week, I was bombarded with SPAM and every virus known to man and some not yet known! I very quickly changed my e-mail address and created a nom-de-plume. No problems since.

Reply to
Cool Jet

I hear you Tom! Back a number of years ago when I first started using usenet service, I naievely thought there was no reason not to use my real name and e-mail address. Within a week, the SPAM started, followed quickly by just about every virus then known to man, as well as a few new ones! I was also receiving sick e-mail messages from all sorts of characters. There was one guy in the news group at the time who was very rude and aggressive and I would often get into heated discussions with him. One day he asked me if I had been receiving any unsolicited e-mail and he 'fessed up that he had been using my name and e-mail address in a variety of news groups including gay groups and groups geared to all manners of sexual perversion. That explained a lot! *LOL* I called my I.S.P. that day and changed my e-mail name and address, as well as my I.P. number. I then re-entered the news groups under a nom-de-plume and I haven't had the problem since.

Reply to
Cool Jet

no, you don't have to. you can ignore it and NOT deal with it at all.

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
Charlie