What is character (press) line on panel?

Hi

In a paint repair instruction I read the following:

"It is best to apply putty two separate times, when applying putty to a surface with a character (press line)."

What is *character (press line)*, can anybody explain?

TIA

Reply to
Nikolai Kanykin

Never heard of that term. Putty is usually applied with a flexible plastic spatula.

Reply to
Ray O

If I should try to explain in English what I think it is, I would say it means that the panel is not smooth but has a bend or small edge or indentation pattern, and that a "press line" is a edge ore more likely a groove formed by the pressing tool during production, of for instacne a door. ????

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn